This year at The King’s School we are again reminded to fix our eyes on Jesus; who he is and what he has done. As we do, we pray for each of our pupils to come to know him and grow in their relationship with him. We want the Bible to be central to all we do, and we want to be expectant to see God work and move powerfully.
As a reminder, our vision is to be a Christ-centred, independent school, nurturing children in godly character and academic development. Our mission is to support parents in discipling their children: to reach their academic potential, to know God and develop their relationship with him, and to serve and influence others through godly attitudes and actions.
We’re privileged to have 199 pupils enrolled this year from Nursery up to Year 11. This term we are also celebrating 30 years of Stepping Stones, our Early Years provision! We’re so grateful to all those who have invested in our youngest pupils over many years.
We have 49 staff members. New staff joining this September are:
- Mrs Sarah Cadywould – Stepping Stones Assistant
- Mrs Kath Room – Stepping Stones Assistant
- Mrs Sarah Foster – Primary Class Teacher
- Mrs Ruth Biddulph – Outdoor Learning
- Mr John Gridley – Games Teacher
Staff changing major roles from September are:
- Mrs McKenzie – Head of Primary (was previously Acting Head of Primary)
- Mrs Leeming – Primary Class Teacher
- Mrs Thomas – Secondary Teacher and Year 8 Tutor
We would really value your prayers for the following this term:
- Giving thanks for the families at the school
- For continued unity and encouragement in the staff team
- For us to hear God’s voice in all decisions and obey Him
- For us to be dependent on God in everything, bringing everything to Him in prayer
Author: Matt Cripps, Principal of The King’s School